12 ways to start earning money online.
Full-time travel and even earning money online while you sleep is a reality for those who want it. If you’re reading this, chances are that you’re wanting to make that your reality, and I can’t blame you! What about working in your PJs doesn’t sound good? If you want a side hustle to earn extra money, want to travel the world, become your own boss or just spend more quality time with your loved ones, then I’ve got 12 ways for you to start earning money online (and I don’t mean through paid surveys).
12 ways to start earning money online
Do you love writing? If your answer is yes, then this one is definitely for you!
There are different forms of freelance writing so the first step will be to figure out what you’re interested in:
- Web copy
- Features writing
- And MANY more
Once you’ve got that down, it’s time to land your first gig. Here are 5 websites that will get you started:
- Upwork – it’s a platform that connects freelancers to clients.
- Fiverr – provides a platform for freelancers to offer services to customers worldwide.
- BloggingPro – updated daily with fresh paid blogging jobs, blog writing jobs, freelance writing jobs.
- Free Writing Jobs -jobs from this list are hand-picked from various job sites, classified ads, and company websites.
- Media Bistro– offers resources for media professionals.
- Another option is to join groups, specifically for writers, on Facebook.
A graphic designer is mostly on the creative side of the online world.
This job would require you to:
- Create social media assets
- Use computer software
- Captivate customers through their ideas
- Develop an overall Brand Identification
- Photo editing
- Logo design
This would be a great job for someone that loves being creative and has a well-coordinated aesthetic eye. Staying up to date with the latest trends is also a requirement. Taking a short course in trend-forecasting could definitely help out your business and allow you to stay ahead of the game.
This one is exactly what it says. A web designer builds and designs websites for clients that have blogs, an online business, or e-commerce businesses.
A web designer:
- Needs to understand computer programming and graphic design
- Creates the features and look of a website
- Makes sure the website is up to date
- Should have a good eye for design and branding
This is something that has become a popular online form of income. A content creator is someone who contributes info to any media or more specifically digital media. Most brands or smaller brands don’t have photographers that create content for their social media and that’s where content creators come into the picture. Brands will rely on you to create regular content.
A content creator can contribute any of the following:
- Blog posts
- Email newsletters
- Social media copy
- Video marketing/editing
- Graphic design
- And so much more…
A virtual assistant is basically like a normal assistant but from a remote location. They are either self-employed or can be employed full time by a company.
Tasks that virtual assistants do:
- Email management
- Customer service
- Making travel arrangements
- Data capturing
- Pretty much anything that’s asked within reasonable terms
As a virtual assistant, you can decide which of these tasks you would do based on your skillset.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
As a social media manager, you are in charge of creating, scheduling, and updating social media content for a business or brand.
As a social media manager you will be expected to:
- Manage marketing campaigns
- Develop relevant content topics
- Find and focus on the target audience
- Manage all published content
- Set strategies for product launch
- Create videos
- Grow the companies social media platform
If you are familiar with social media and branding then this would be a great form of income for you.
SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER
This has recently become one of the most popular ways of earning an income online. Brands love social media influencers. The definition of a social media influencer is someone who builds a reputation through their knowledge and expertise within a niche.
If you love creating trends and are good at promoting things then it is for you. Being unique and engaging is very important when being a social media influencer.
These days there are countless agencies that you can join to help connect you with brands if you’d rather not do the leg-work yourself.
An online coach is someone that provides personal, virtual coaching for their customers. What’s nice about online coaching is that it has a wide variety of niches.
- Business Coach
- Health Coach
- Fitness Coach
- Social media Coach
- Life Coach
- Confidence Coach
- Personal Empowerment Coach
- Relationship Coach
- Personal Development Coach
- And many more
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming an online coach, then this course comes highly recommended: Udemy
A transcriber is probably the easiest one if you’re a fast typer and pretty good at grammar. A transcriber must listen to a video or audio and turn it into written text.
Skills that you should have :
- Fast typing
- Active listening
- Good grammar and spelling
- Punctuation placing
A great thing about transcribing is that these skills are ones that you could easily and in no time.
SEO is a very important part of a brand or business. As an SEO consultant, you will work with companies on their keyword research an SEO strategies. So to describe it in simpler words you will help their sites get a higher rank on Google.
Knowledge of SEO is good to have as most businesses are looking for a specialist and your money earning onlines potential can be remarkable.
If you have a product in mind, then perhaps you should look into creating an e-commerce store.
This is a big idea that would require hard work and patience to get it started, perhaps even a fair bit of capital. Whether you’re wanting to create a T-shirt or looking to sell your essential oils, there is a way that you can do all of this online.
Shopify is well-known as a hosting platform and also has tons of valuable information where you can learn how to create and market your business from the ground up.
A business developer works to better a business market position and is responsible for financial growth within the organization.
Business development requires you to :
- Lead customer relationship management
- Be in charge of sales
- Track new markets and trends
- Recommend new products and services
- Develop or propose new strategies
- Write proposals and plans
- Guide long term objectives to reach the business’s needs and requirements.
A few skill you should have:
- Communication skills
- Hardworking and goal-focused
- Organization skills
- Analytical skills
Where to find these jobs? Click here.
Some people start working online as an additional stream of income to bring in extra cash every month to help them work on their dreams. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or just an additional stream of income, these 12 ways to start earning money online will get that flame going and help set your dreams on fire.
Do you know more ways to start earning money online?
Related blog post: How to make money on Instagram.