Setting the Right Goals and Objectives for 2018. I hope you had wonderful holidays, I spent mine in London, where I had so much fun, I love this city which looks even more beautiful with all the Christmas lights! I regenerated myself and now I’m ready to face new challenges.
Because okay, holidays are great, but we need to start thinking about the new year. Are you ready for 2018?
Setting the Right Goals and Objectives for 2018
This is the best part of the year to plan all the goals you want to reach this year.
It is also a good time to reflect on the year past and to make a new start, whether in your career, your relationships or your health.
So, get out your dream notebook and start getting specific. First of all, reflect on the last 365 days: you’ve had some great successes, and you should be proud of that. Write those warm and fuzzies down and put them somewhere easy-to-reference. But as always, undoubtedly there’s something you’d like to improve.
So think about what you could do, setting achievable and realistic goals. A powerful strategy for creating goals is the SMART rule:
- S – Specific (or Significant)
- M – Measurable (or Meaningful)
- A – Attainable (or Action-Oriented)
- R – Relevant (or Rewarding)
- T – Time-bound (or Trackable)
- Setting a specific or significant goal requires you to provide detail that clearly outlines your objective.
- A measurable or meaningful goal puts an actual number on the board so you are clear on whether or not you accomplished what you set forth to do.
- An attainable or action-oriented goal means identifying what is realistic and not unlikely to happen.
- A relevant or rewarding goal means identifying what is applicable to your business or life.
- A time-bound or trackable goal is one that is tied to a specific date for the attainment of the objective set forth.
You can also break up your SMART objectives into smaller, more manageable parts. Working to quarters can be motivating. Starting with what you can do immediately, and completing those tasks, will allow you to get small victories and a sense of confidence that provides encouragement to continue.
Once you have established the goals you hope to reach this year, post these inspiring quotes in places where you can see them often. They will help you focus in your efforts and work toward success.
Difficulty can happen
Probably the path won’t be always easy, but even if you find some difficulties, don’t get discouraged or worse, don’t think of giving up. You should always keep this in mind: “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals; adjust the action steps.” (Confucius). You will get off track at some point during the year, but you can always right the ship or update them and keep going.
I am sure you can reach your goals if you give one more push!
Also have a positive, focused and proactive attitude. You see, the way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens to you. When you change the quality of your thinking, you change the quality of your life, sometimes instantly.
Related post: How to be confident about yourself: 5 tips to apply now
“The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.” – Earl Nightingale
I hope this helps you in your journey to success. Let me know what are your Right Goals and Objectives for 2018? Dream big and good luck!