Just because it’s cold outside, it doesn’t mean you have to hide all of your dresses away until the temperature goes up.
With dresses you can create amazing looks. Yes, some layering is crucial to staying warm, but that’s no big deal when it means you get to wear your favorite dresses all year long. We have to know the right tricks.
How to style a dress in winter
You can wear a crop top even when it’s really cold outside, rock a mini skirt, or wear a dress, and all it takes to make them cozy enough is a little bit of layering knowledge.
I love layering because you can create original looks, but you shall pay attention to the items you choose.
Being able to remove an outer layer of clothes without compromising your outfit is the best thing about layering.
However, it’s also one of the hardest things to get right. It means that all of your clothes have got to look great as an ensemble, as well as they stand alone.
Remember to layer from thin to thick. This means it is easier to regulate your temperature and gives the outfit a regular sense of depth.
You want to look cute, but you also don’t want to freeze your butt off. It’s not worth it! If you’re unsure of how to make your summer dress work for the next few cold months, here are some style tips on how to wear dresses in winter:
5 tips on how to style a dress in winter
- Pair your dress with a cardigan, a coat and a hat, plus you can add a pair of tights, to make your legs warmer, as I did. My beautiful vintage dress is from Maison Amour, same as the hat.
- Add a simple white t-shirt under your slip dress. A camel coat adds an extra layer of warmth.
- Why don’t you add a pair of jeans under your dress? A blouse and a pair of jeans in a contrasting texture can create a stylish look, as I did in this post.
- Play up your full skirt dress by pairing it with a bell sleeve top. To channel your inner street style star, just add sneakers.
- The best part of winter is that you can wear nearly anything under a wool poncho and get away with it.
Let me know in the comments how you style a dress in winter
Dress: Maison Amour
Hat: Maison Amour
Bracelet and Earrings: Maison Amour
Shoes & Coat: Zara