How to Make Money on Instagram and get paid for sponsored posts
How to Make Money on Instagram? Well, this is an amazing question, that a lot of people are asking me.
Why should you use Instagram?
- There are more than 600,000,000 monthly active users, 57% female – 43% male
- Over 32% of users make more than 100,000$ per year
For this reason, brands are investing a lot of money on sponsored posts and this is a great solution for people that want to make money on Instagram as influencers.
How to Make Money on Instagram
But how can we collaborate with brands?
The most important thing that brands are looking for is a good relationship between you and your followers. An influencer can influence other people’s decisions, so, if tomorrow I post a picture with a pair of shoes and someone buys them, this means I’ve made an impact on this person. Influencers are trendsetters, experts whose opinions about certain subjects are respected.
So, before you start collaborating with brands, you should build a strong relationship with your followers. To be an influencer you have to create a great profile.
These are some easy steps:
- Create a grabbing bio. Describe yourself, who you are and what you do, and add some other social channels, including your email. Be clear, concise and descriptive. I ALWAYS recommend to include an email in your INSTAGRAM bio, so that people and brands can contact you.
- Don’t post about EVERYTHING, decide what your feed will be about and stick to your focus. A clear focus will help you gain targeted followers. If your profile is about Fitness, you are not going to post cars pictures, you’re going to post healthy food, exercises, etc…
- Be unique as much as possible. There a lot of amazing Instagram profiles, so it is very important to step your game up. Think about the photos you’re posting. What’s going to look best on your page? Will the photo fit with your theme? I spend a lot of time deciding which photo I’m going to post.
- Engage with your followers: You cannot expect all interaction to come directly to you. Make time every single day to engage with your followers or anyone involved in your industry by commenting on and liking images. If you communicate with authentic content, people will be drawn to check out your account and, hopefully, join your loyal rank of followers. So remember, the money that you are going to make from Instagram doesn’t depend on how many followers you have, but on how your followers are engaged with your profile.
Another thing you should pay attention to is in which niche you are. If you have a defined niche it will be easier to be seen as an authority.
For this reason, the best solution is to identify your niche, and this will help you grow your account and start making money.
Become an Influencer
You can earn some money by creating sponsored content for brands. A sponsored post is when an influencer creates a picture where he highlights a product or a brand. The post should include @mentions to the brand, specific hashtags or links.
It is very important to promote brands that are relevant to your niche. There are a lot of platforms where brands can collaborate with influencers directly, they add an offer and then you can decide if this is the right content for you.
How to work with brands
If you have a good amount of followers, and good interaction, brands will contact you directly, or you can easiest way is to find brands that are similar to your brand and send them an email asking to collaborate.
Thanks to my Instagram account followed by more than 119k people I collaborate with L’Oréal, Dalani, Sephora, Maybelline NewYork…
If you create a sponsored post you should be transparent with your audience and add the tag #ad, in this way your audience will know it.
Sometimes, brands can send you some promo codes and if someone buys an item from that promo code you will earn a commission from that sale.
Another amazing way to earn money is through affiliates
What is affiliate marketing? It is basically when you promote a product and get paid per sale
What I do is: I post a picture and then I ask my follower to click the link in my bio so they can buy the product or to download the app where they can find the items.
- LIKEtoKNOW.it it is an amazing app for fashion bloggers, you can buy with only one tap. Influencers shall join their programs and if they are accepted, they can upload their picture to the app tagging the product.
- Stylinity: it is great for fashion bloggers, you can earn money when people buy from your link.
- ShopStyle: it helps influencers earn affiliate revenue from the images they post on Instagram. This type of marketing is particularly popular with clothing on Instagram, as you can post your “OOTD” (outfit of the day) with the affiliate link sending followers to your full outfit. It’s also great for beauty bloggers, as you can invite people to “shop the look.”
- Sharesale: Simply find the companies that you want work for and then promote their products.
You can add a link to your bio promoting some products in your niche and you can earn some money if someone buys something. There are so many affiliate programs, you just need to find the right one for your niche.
Promote your own product.
If you are growing your Instagram account, why don’t you start creating your own product?
You can ask to your followers what they would like to buy, which color and material they prefer, so you will get them involved in the process.
So after deciding which product you are going to create you can get them excited with some behind scenes. Ask them to share your picture. A lot of brands create their own #hashtag so when their followers share their pictures, this will increase their popularity and audience.
Create a giveaway. Ask giveaway entrants to follow your Instagram profile and ask them to tag friends. Remember to follow Instagram’s promotion guidelines.
Do you have any other tips on how to make money on Instagram?